Premier Pharmacy has received numerous requests from prescribers for different medications delivered via hydrotherapy bath irrigation for patients with bacterial and/or fungal infections, as well as inflammation.
Patients who might benefit from such delivery of medications could include those who are:
- Diagnosed with bacterial or fungal fingernail or toenail infections,
- Experiencing non-coverage of prescribed topical solutions for nail applications,
- Having difficulty applying topical nail solutions – treatment for more than a year often required,
- Concerned with disease-state contraindications for oral antifungal medications,
- Managing a wound needing simultaneous debriding activity and topical delivery of medications,
- Coping with an uncontrolled fungal skin infection with accompanying inflammation, or
- Faced with topical skin issues where systemically absorbed medications are not desired or warranted.