There are over 3,000 different kinds of skin diseases, many of which are chronic and interfere with quality of life. Dermatologists have long recognized compounding as a productive avenue for medications, and dermatology patients are also familiar with having medications custom made for their specific skin care needs.
Premier Pharmacy has received numerous requests from prescribers for topical skin medications to treat patients with thick-scaly skin, dry-flaky skin, dermatitis, eczema, or at times psoriasis.
Patients who might benefit from these topical formulations could include patients who have:
- Thick-scaly skin on their hands, feet, elbows, or other areas that cause a general issue,
- Failed to achieve relief from prescribed topical pain medications due to thick-scaly skin that prevents absorption of topically applied pain medication,
- Dry-flaky skin or some form of dermatitis,
- Need to embed moisture into their skin, or
- A combination of skin conditions that need to be addressed.
PCCA PracaSil-Plus Silicone
Created for scar formulations and scar prevention, PracaSil-Plus features a proprietary blend of ingredients, including silicones and pracaxi oil.
- Appropriate for new or old scars
- Rich in skin-friendly fatty acids and lipids
- Can be used with or without active ingredients
- Formulated without gluten, casein, dye and parabens, among other allergens
PCCA Clarifying Base
This non-comedogenic cream base is ideal for patients suffering from acne or rosacea.
- Natural ingredients that may improve red, blotchy skin
- The unique avocado extract nourishes skin and decreases oil formation
- May reduce the chances of irritation that are often seen with acne medications
- May help promote faster release and improved delivery of common APIs
- Can also be used in anti-aging formulations for patients with acne-prone skin
- Has shown great stability when compounding with benzoyl peroxide
Created for formulations targeting eczema, psoriasis and xerosis (dry skin), XemaTop helps improve the appearance of red and irritated skin.
- Replenishes the lipids within the skin
- Nourishes the skin’s structural integrity
- Helps restore the skin’s barrier and prevent water loss
- May improve the delivery of common APIs